Before we begin, please note that in order to open an account online, you must meet
all of the following criteria:
- You must be over 18
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- You must be a Connecticut resident with a Connecticut driver's license
- You must fund your new Farmington Bank checking account with an existing account
that is in your name
The following tips will make the process easier for you:
- Please choose the checking account that you wish to open before continuing.
- You will be required to fund your new account with any amount between $50 and $1,000,
deposited through electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- Please have a check from the institution that you will be transferring the money
from readily available.
- For security purposes, there is a verification process to fund your new account
which will be described during the account opening process. For this reason, you
will not have immediate access to your account.
- If your account will have a co-owner, you should complete the process together.