Farmington Bank Brings the Sounds and Fun of Simply Swing Orchestra to Cities and Towns in Connecticut and Massachusetts
FARMINGTON, CONN. – April 23, 2018 – The Farmington Bank WTIC Community Concert Series featuring Simply Swing today announced its 2018 schedule of free concerts by the popular 10-piece swing orchestra based in Connecticut.
The concert series also includes the inaugural participation of WTIC AM and FM radio stations as official media partners of the Farmington Bank WTIC Community Concert Series.
The seventh annual concert series is free and open to the public, and in 2018 includes 12 performances across central Connecticut and western Massachusetts beginning in May.
“Farmington Bank is happy to once again offer this wonderful program to the communities we serve in Connecticut and Massachusetts, and with the support of our new media partner WTIC we will attract even larger audiences to performances that celebrate America and the music of the Big Band era,” said John J. Patrick, Jr., chairman, president and CEO of Farmington Bank.
“WTIC AM and FM are proud to partner with Farmington Bank on another exciting community endeavor. We look forward to help bring great music and experiences to concert goers across the area,” said Steve Salhany, vice president of programming at Entercom-Hartford.
Under the musical direction of Joe LaRosa, Simply Swing’s performances in the Farmington Bank WTIC Community Concert Series will include selections from the group’s newly-released Simply Swing Live! CD as well as several shows (May 18, July 5 & July 14) featuring patriotic themes. “We love when our audiences sing-a-long and dance during our performances,” LaRosa said.
The 12 performances of the 2018 Farmington Bank WTIC Community Concert Series with Simply Swing are:
- May 18, Fri., 6:30-8 pm, Enes Community Center, South Windsor (Indoors), CT
- June 7, Thu., 7-8:30 pm, Landmark at Monastery Heights, West Springfield, MA
- June 16, Sat., 6:30-8 pm, Great River Park Amphitheater, East Hartford, CT
- June 21, Thu., 6:30-8 pm, Alice Clover Pinney Park Gazebo, Unionville, CT
- June 26, Tue., 6:30-8 pm, Norton Park, Plainville, CT
- July 5, Thu. 6-8 pm, Mill Pond Park, Newington, CT
- July 12, Thu., 6:30-8 pm, Amphitheater, Elm Ridge Park, Rocky Hill, CT
- July 14, Sat., 7-8:45 pm, Mortensen Plaza Main Stage, Hartford, CT
- July 18, Wed., 6:30-8 pm, Elizabeth Park, West Hartford, CT
- August 17, Fri., 7-9 pm, MCC Bicentennial Band Shell, Manchester, CT
- August 20, Mon., 7-9 pm, Band Shell, Walnut Hill Park, New Britain, CT
- August 25, Sat., 2-4 pm, Springfield Armory Lawn, Springfield, MA
Simply Swing performs throughout the region for events including gala balls, corporate functions, conventions, fairs, and other community events. The group’s cadre of professional musicians have a total of more than 100 years of combined service in military bands.
All changes to scheduled performances of the Farmington Bank WTIC Community Concert Series due to inclement weather will be posted on Simply Swing’s website at www.simplyswingmusic.com.
Click here for more information.