FARMINGTON, Conn. – October 31, 2017 – Farmington Bank has joined forces with 102.9 The Whale and Whole Foods Market to host a two week food drive to benefit those served by Hartford-based social service agency Hands On Hartford. The public is invited to participate in the donation efforts.
“Thanksgiving is an important time to show appreciation and give back to the communities in which we live and work,” said John Patrick, Jr., chairman, president and CEO of Farmington Bank. “We are proud to partner with two equally dedicated community members, 102.9 The Whale and Whole Foods, to help provide meals for those in need."
From November 1-14 people may drop off non-perishable food items at all Farmington Bank branch offices in Connecticut. Click here for a complete list of branch offices, locations and hours of operations.
In addition, 102.9 The Whale will be onsite at three Farmington Bank locations in November from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The public is invited to meet 102.9 The Whale radio personalities during these appearances:
- November 1 – Farmington Bank Unionville branch office located at 1845 Farmington Ave, Rte. 4 & 177
- November 8 – Farmington Bank Glastonbury branch office located at 669 Hebron Ave, Rte. 94
- November 15 – Farmington Bank Avon branch office located at 310 West Main St, Rte. 44
In conjunction with the food drive, a big collection day will take place November 16 at three Whole Foods Markets. The public may drop off donations, non-perishable food items and turkeys from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the following locations:
- Glastonbury Whole Foods – 55 Welles Street
- West Hartford Whole Foods – 50 Raymond Road
- West Hartford Whole Foods – 340 North Main Street
All donations will benefit Hands On Hartford’s MANNA Community Pantry.